Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Out of touch

-1-

Calling Christine...
ME: Hey!
CHRISTINE: Hey! I can't talk now, I'm going into class, but I wanted to say hi.
ME: But I thought you had Thursday off?
CHRISTINE: (pause) It's Wednesday.

-2-

In my email:
"Your Choice of One MILLION Horny Women!"
I'm sorry, is there anyone who responds to these things? And if they do, are they thinking, wow, well, I wasn't going to open this email because I already have thousands of horny women, but a million makes it worth my while...

-3-

I'm going back through my South Africa journals, and (as I always claimed) I am a horrible journal keeper. It's so boring for me to go through writing "I did this, then this, then this, then this, then this". I should be able to tell how I was feeling, too, by how I wrote about something. But I have never trusted those kinds of journals. So I do poorly when I try to write them. I was lazy about it and then also purposely omitted lots of stuff. I didn't make anything up - I just left stuff out. Super. I went through, looking for particular events, and found that many of the stories that come up the most when talking to people aren't even in there.

So I'm off to secondary sources - emails, my IF locale sketch, police reports....

1 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm confused....so what is a blog, but a journal???

have you looked at your photographs, postcards, old tv guide,'sghetti stains on your 'loft' shirt, analyzed the mud on the bottom of your boots?

.....or called your mother? better yet, your sister, she remembers everything.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home