Friday, September 22, 2006

I Hear the Bells*

I just had a little happy dance party. After two days of fiddling with the branching pathways of the device manager, checking the obvious (plugs), and using the cds they give you with your computer in case you do something idiotic like deleting a vital audio component on your computer, I fixed the audio on my computer.

All of a sudden, after speaking to me in various tongues, my computer was like, Sound? Sound?! You think this computer has sound? You silly woman. We have nothing of the sort. Why would you think we have sound?
ME: Uh, because we've always had sound.
COMPUTER: Uh, no. I don't know what you're talking about. I mean, I could handle sound. I'm set up for it. But check out my innerds - you'll clearly see we have no device for such things.
ME: Why are you fighting me on this?
COMP: To teach you a lesson.
ME: Oh, yeah? What lesson?
COMP: Okay, there's no lesson. I'm just obnoxious sometimes. And you can't do anything about it.
ME: I could start running old programs on you and you'd hate it. You'd see all your little friends doing fun electro-techno things and you'd get all jealous because you'd be stuck running that program they used to have at the library in 1986 where you could make banners and the most advanced part was the border of hearts function.
COMP: Fine. Check the device manager again. Maybe there's something new on there for you to load in...

While I don't have lots of 'puter schoolin', I'm nothing if not stubborn. I'll fiddle until it's figgered out. (Yes, the fiddlin' apparently got me into the situation in the first place, but I see that as only a minor detail.)



*Is the song that, in fact, first graced my speakers after this whole saga

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home