Thursday, October 19, 2006

blur-rrry eyes... are watching you...

I got contacts last Thursday. If you've seen me since last Thursday, you would not necessarily know that last Thursday, I got contacts. Because I've been in my glasses. Not my contacts.

Because they don't fit right (they're supposed to go over the whole part of the eye you *see* out of, right?), they give me a weird line in my vision (which I first thought was a hair, so I was batting at the air at nothing, looking like a kook), and I think the prescription is too low (he said it was lower than my glasses because they're too strong. Umm, they're not too strong if I can see out them, and then things are blurry in the contacts).

So tomorrow I go there and tell him these things. This is after he didn't believe me about the line. He couldn't figure out what it was (I kept telling him what it was- the edge of the lens), so I must be mistaken about there being a new line in my vision I only get when I wear these contacts.

And I don't like holding my eyelids up. Touching my eye is fine. But my eyelids don't like to be pulled, and therefore when I try to hold them, they tell me, "uhh, no thanks, we're just going to blink now, mkay?"

And perhaps I'm being petty and superficial, but who doesn't think it's a little bit ridiculous that my eye doctor has one crossed eye, focused on the bridge of his nose? That's something out of a movie.

2 Comments:

At 8:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously Halley just do what i did...run up to Canada and get your eyes permanently fixed.

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger Halley said...

but I feel like having a stranger shoot lasers at your eyes is a bad idea, for some reason

 

Post a Comment

<< Home