Sunday, June 04, 2006

She told me she knew MLA...

My thesis has gone to an editor. She is supposed to do all sorts of proofreading goodies.

Today, I have received two long emails asking me lists of MLA citation style questions.

If I were the expert, I would not have sent the document to this editor, now would I?

She sent me back some of the "decisions" she made when she wasn't sure. They were not the correct "decisions". One of these included the idea that it would be okay to change a quote (to comply with Aussie spelling and punctuation, coming from an American book). YOU CAN'T CHANGE QUOTATIONS!!! You can't. You just can't. It's possible that I could make a note about standardising the spellings, but even still, that's generally a no-no, no?

This is bad.

I'm going to talk to my advisor tomorrow morning at the office...

For the time being, you all have to be very nice to me. I've been in tears three times already today from all this bullshit. (And hearing that "I failed" isn't helping either.)

Fuck. I can't wait until all of this is over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home