Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I practically started crying when I read this. Because I'm a dork.

This was my horoscope today:

Here is your horoscope for Wednesday, May 31:

You don't know your own strength. You think you're not up to the task, but you're so much tougher, stronger, smarter and faster than you think. The stars are giving you this challenge precisely because you're ready.


It's been a long couple weeks with the thesis. It ends soon. (Kinda-finished mid-next week, when it's just minor clean up stuff. Finished-finished late next week, when I get it bound. Completely-finished early the week after, when I turn in the fucker.)

*Sigh*

I've almost seriously quit, like, five times. Seriously. And that doesn't count the hundreds of times I was just half-heartedly whinging about quitting. Nope, my methods aren't positive thoughts ("I CAN do it. I CAN!"), but rather saying, "Fuck it, I'm totally quitting," but just never actually stop working, even though I was convinced I would never actually turn it in.

I even medium-quit a few days ago. So I guess I'm a quitter with no follow through. So does that mean I'm just a liar, instead? :)

3 Comments:

At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you even procrastinate at giving up!







seriously. you'll get through it. though after all that work, you ought to at least get it tattooed on your back. maybe in those arabic characters like willow painted on tara. yeahhhh.

 
At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know....if you don't like what one horoscope says, read another. they rarely agree.....and keep reading till you like what you read; or try fortune cookies....at least 'with them you get eggroll'

 
At 7:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

There's no quitting in baseball... :) if you need a second pair of eyes, lemme know... Laura says I'm a pretty good editor...

M

 

Post a Comment

<< Home