Sunday, June 04, 2006

I'm rubber and you're glue

Now, I'm not pointing fingers. I'm not naming names. But apparently there's some rumor travelling in some circles that I have, in fact, flunked my thesis.

I'm not sure how this rumor got started. Perhaps it was my moaning and groaning about how I wasn't sure if I could finish it, or that I felt like I have no idea what I'm doing, or perhaps it was when I said that Australia was probably going to throw me out for being such a moron.

Let me clarify:

That did not mean that I had failed. My thesis hasn't even been submitted yet, so failure, at this point, would be impossible. (That would take real talent, to fail even before you submit the work...) While it has been rough going, my advisor now tells me that it's looking good. (She even said that a couple sections would make good articles that I could publish. With some work, of course.)

Had you seen some of the early drafts, I could understand where the idea of 'failure' might have occured to you. But you didn't see those. And you won't. :)

Anyway, could y'all please stop spreading the rumor that I failed? Or pretty soon the US is going to hear I'm too stupid and won't let me back in. And that would be something: to be too stupid for the US...

4 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

However you want to spin this is fine, Halley. Failure or success, we still accept you. And remember, everyone has to have a rumor...

charlee

 
At 12:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey babe,

not sure whose saying you failed, but the proof will be in the pudding( mmm pudding) when you complete it and totally kick ass so don't worry about what they think before you've even finished!

MJ

 
At 1:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sad I am not in tune with the "rumor mill" anymore - why rumor spreaders why!? Why have you forsaken me? Oh and Halley goodluck not failing.

Love Lau :-)

 
At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I haven't heard the rumors either. That's just silly, of course you'll finish and pass!

Mo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home