Thursday, April 20, 2006

With apologies to Shakespeare

If you wonder why you haven't heard much about the thesis lately is because it's research. In theory, it means I sit at a desk and type, or sit at a desk and read and then type. Here and there I've been to some shows, a few of which I've mentioned. But mostly it means sitting at a desk and typing. In theory.

In actuality, it usually means sitting on a couch and watching Ellen. But by the beginning of May, I'll have a full first draft. In theory. No really, it has to happen.

The road from here to there is likely to have a lot of whinging and whining. I'm likely to call you. Don't try to avoid the call - I'll just try again. Research hath no fury like a procrastinor scorned.


In other news: I am deciding on plans for this fall. It looks most likely that I will end up at a program either in DC (American Univ) or in Chicago (The School of the Art Institute of Chicago). I have no further information on the subject. (If only I did...) I don't want to be rushed into anything here... I have until Monday-ish to make this decision, and I will take that whole time. For serious thought. Or Oprah.

And thus the native hue of resolution
Is sicklied o'er with the pale cast of thought;
And enterprises of great pitch and moment,
With this regard, their currents turn awry,
And lose the name of action. (Hamlet, III.i)

4 Comments:

At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for D.C.! Boo to Chicago

-M

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger Paul, Dammit! said...

Are you going to this school to teach, or to be a student some more?

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger Halley said...

hey, miss thang - we don't boo anyone! :) but yeah, I'm not sure yet. I really like the dc program, though... you two'd have to promise to come out and play sometime!

and paul, this is back to being a student again. mfa in creative writing. I'd have the opportunity to teach (at both places), also, but I'm not so sure I want to. And you know, I would be infecting their minds with all sorts of liberal, lefty ideas of fairness. can't have that! ;)

 
At 5:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'd come out and play! I'm not booing anyone... :)
So did you pick one yet? :) No pressure of course.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home