Monday, December 11, 2006

If a lack of focus was the way to get stuff done, I would have solved world peace by now.

In finals meltdown.

I'm keeping in my earplugs because every time I take them out, the dumbshit upstairs starts up his power tools again - a big sander or some kind of electric table saw or planer. Seriously, it's happened three times already. I'm ready to throw hammers.

I got junk food last night at my crappy local 7-11 to fuel the process. (I got enough sweet, but not enough salty. I may have to venture out of the apartment again.) I had to wait in line behind a homeless man who was trying to get this student who offered to buy him a hot dog, to buy him 30 hot dogs. She said she was a student and didn't have a lot of money. He said, I thought you were a doctor. He kept asking for 30 hot dogs. Then he started coughing on her. [1) Awww, so sad. 2) Ew.] She was unhappy, but still tried to reason with him, and eventually just asked the man behind the counter for two hot dogs, while the homeless guy kept asking for more.

Back to South Africa and my tortured soul.

2 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

as a vegetarian you wouldn't understand, when it comes to hotdogs you can't just have one or two...you need thirty.

 
At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's amazing...the 7-11 near me usually only has 3 hotdogs avalible for purchase at a time. I should probably get the word out that in DC they could possibly fill a hot dog order for 30+. It's like ghetto catering. Brilliant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home