Thursday, November 30, 2006

I like doing it because my mind can wander. Which it would do anyway. Only here, it's okay.

At different points, the list of "what I want to be when I grow up" has included: badderina, international animal rights lawyer, and girl on the SunMaid raisins box.

At work today, I stuffed envelops and stuck address labels.

As I'm doing this, I remembered being six and going into the ORT office with Nonny, and sitting at a long table in the back room with my sister, stuffing envelops and putting on address stickers.

I had a nice laugh at my desk.

I've always wondered why my technique in the fold-stuff-label process was so accomplished. And today I realized, it's because I've been doing it for 22 years.

I relayed this information to Christine, "Somehow I seem to be in the same place I was when I was six," and she responded, "No, you're in DC now." Ahhh, true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home