Thursday, July 20, 2006

When we went silent and just gave him blank stares, Alae knew he'd found another phrase to teach us...

I was considering doing a 'word of the day'... for as long as I would remember to keep it up... which'd probably have been about twice.

Instead, I'm just going to give you one of Alae's favourites:


Mutton dressed as lamb: An older person dressing too young for their age, usually intentionally, usually used in reference to women. See Gretel Killeen, Big Brother '05.

(More slang for you to learn if you're afraid we just won't be able to communicate anymore in the mother tongue)

Note - I would hate to give the impression that I have forsaken my dear Gretel. I love Gretel. I think she's great and really sharp. And she's dressing very well...this year. For the most part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home