Saturday, June 17, 2006

Quote of the day

"If you like falling, gymnastics is the sport for you." -Stick It

Ohmigawd, Sarah and I just saw the new gymnastics movie. Sewww goood.

I expect a copy of it will enter into my collection, in the cheesy sports movie section. Right now that section is made up of the movie The Cutting Edge (toe piiiiiiick!) and... I think that's it. But I plan to watch this one with the same frequency. That is to say, there's never a wrong time to watch it.

However, before you get all superior and make fun of my taste in movies, let me just say, this movie doesn't do the exact "star fallen on hard times, struggles, then wins the championship" thing. It's a little different. Not entirely, because then we would be in a different genre. The "non-formulaic good movie" genre. But still, it was good.

Perhaps we were influenced by the fact that Sarah and I both used to be gymnasts. Perhaps it was the sweet alcoholic beverages we snuck in. Perhaps it was the glue they sprayed to their asses.* The world may never know.


*To keep the leotards from riding up.

6 Comments:

At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You need to add Bend it Like Beckham to that list.

I will tell you why, but not here.

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger E said...

Hey I didn't know you were in gymnastics... me too! LOL

 
At 2:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

how about "A League of Their Own"?
or "National Velvet"....you like horseback riding.......

 
At 6:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"It looks like her skate got caught in his lederhosen!... ya know what this means..."

"Parlez-vous Olympics?!"

hehehehe :) I love that movie.

Me

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Halley said...

oh, right. I like both those movies, too. But I think those are more emotionally involving. You know how I get involved in these things...

 
At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So why didn't anyone ever tell me about the butt glue when I was in gymnastics? I mean, once puberty hit and I was fairly aware of the fact that wedge = ass cheeks exposed for the world, I gave up the sport. If only I had known there was a solution. That's one dream gone down the drain needlessly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home