Thursday, March 09, 2006

Who knew?

As naive young thing coming to the land down under, I had little idea what was my school's reputation. The person I wanted to work with was here and it was in Melbourne, where we wanted to live. So, fine. That was pretty much the end of it. Anyway, I read this today:

"In the Arts and Humanities, La Trobe won a place in the top 25 international universities - ranking at no 23." *

Does this mean I have to do work now?


*The ranking is by these guys: The Times Higher Ed Supplement . (You have to log in to see the full rankings, but if you're interested, there's a 14-day free trial option.)
Anyway, this ranking list is problematic in how they weight certain items, ignore others, etc. So either way, no one should take it too seriously. Except for Harvard. They take everything too seriously.

1 Comments:

At 2:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome to my little world of nonsense rankings..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home