Sunday, December 18, 2005

Hot town, summer in the city...

...so we're skipping town.

In eight hours a plane carrying me, Sarah, Christine, Eric, Ali, and her friend Scott, will be leaving for our big summer holiday. We fly into the Whitsunday Islands and spend three days and three nights on a racing yacht. Not a bad way to spend my birthday. Our little raft will be taking us around the islands, the inner reef, and then out to the Great Barrier Reef (the outer reef). We can't bring any liquor in glass bottles, so after our trip to the bottle shop today, we transferred liquor into water bottles. Classy. But wait, it gets classier. There are those in our party, who shall remain not me, who have purchased boxes of wine. Nothing says happy hour on a yacht like wine in a box.

After the boat, the four of us stay in the Whitsundays for a few more days until Chanukah/Christmas, then take a couple days to drive up through the country to the Daintree Rainforest area. A few days later, we drive to Cairns (pronounced 'cans') to do more work on our tropical sloth skills. We fly back to Melbourne on 3 Jan.

As you may have noticed, I attempted to post something about Japan and Chicago, and it didn't work. It was long. I can also say it was hysterically funny because it's not here to prove me wrong. So let me also say it was quite brilliant. A loss to the world. Anyway, I wanted to retype it before I left but it didn't happen with all the excitement of packing (read: I left everything until the last minute and ran out of time and packing took longer than I thought because it got a little traumatic having to cut down my supplies and figuring out how I would survive without the third black tank top).

I'll try to fill in some details. However, if the coming posts are either a) sporadic or b) idiotic, realize they are only the meanderings of a sun-soaked brain. The regular sporadic idiocy will return after the new year.

Happy Holidays. Have a peppermint milkshake for me.

1 Comments:

At 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Halley Cohen leaves things til the last minute?

No! Surely you jest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home