Friday, November 18, 2005

ohmigoodness

Today I had a meeting with the Artistic Director at La Mama here in Melbourne.

In March, I'm going to be performing a piece I wrote.

The original La Mama is in NYC. The La Mama here comes out of that theatre.

La Mama well-known on the Australian theatre scene and I have no idea why they are letting me in. (Okay, yeah, I think it has something to do with my thesis advisor who knows everyone.)

My thing is just a small, one-off, quicky evening, basically so I can fulfill part of the creative component I'm doing for my thesis.

Craziness.



Info on the theatres:
La Mama (Australia) There are "About La Mama/History" sections, etc

La Mama (US) The New Yawky stuff

4 Comments:

At 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Halley on the theater scene! Did I not tell you you were a force to be reckoned with?

I'm so proud of you! Don't go giving all the credit to your advisor -- maybe they just like your piece -- ever consider that? :-P

 
At 8:45 AM, Blogger leesepea said...

Yay!

Congrats!

Break a leg!

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEEEEEHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

IT'S BECAUSE YOU ARE
W*O*N*D*E*R*F*U*L !!!!!

(and, no, I'm not prejudiced)

Carole

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Halley said...

thanks, y'all.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home