Monday, November 14, 2005

There was an old woman who lived without orange shoes...

You know how sometimes when you go to turn on a faucet for the first time and the water pressure is all wrong, and you turn the handle too much, and the water just comes crashing out, splurting all over everything, so you shut it off real fast, but it's too late because everything is all wet already?

That's how it's raining right now. Except we don't have a handle to turn it off.
We're very aware this evening of having a tin roof over the ceiling.

In other news: I bought some black market envelops off a surly guy working at a 7-11 last night. Yes, I could have bought the envelops earlier in the day when the Post shop was open, but that just didn't happen. I found shops still open to sell me comforters, tupperware, canned meats, generic perfume, and printer cartridges. But no envelops. Sometimes a woman has to take these matters into her own hands and go underground. For envelops.

And in other, other news: Christine and I spent approximately seven hours shoe shopping a couple days ago. In fact, it took us four and a half of those hours to get to the first shoe store. We were looking for gym shoes and hit a string of outlets on Sydney Rd. Funny thing about feet here in Australia - they only come in whole sizes. I wear a size 6.5 shoe. You can see where this is going. Christine found gym shoes. I found nothing, but not for lack of trying. Actually, I found a cute pair of orange trainers. Brazilian. Very exotic. And I don't have a pair of orange shoes. Well, I don't have a pair of entirely orange shoes. Christine didn't let me buy them. Lets all thank Christine because I really don't need a pair of orange sneakers. They were cute, though...

2 Comments:

At 6:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

7 hours shopping for shoes?

Halley, you are SUCH a girl sometimes :-P

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger Ben O. said...

Shoes can take over, apparently.

Yikes -

Ben O.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home