Thursday, September 15, 2005

Be excellent to each other

I have a very large desk in my room right now. It is five feet long and three feet deep. It is for conducting business of the official and monkey varieties. We had to manipulate it to get it down the hallway to my room. We used reverse psychology and told it, "we don't want you in my room. Please, stay out of my room."

Luckily, Christine and I have moved each others' tons of crap several times before. Unluckily, we think the same things are funny and usually end up laughing at inopportune times in the movement of large, heavy pieces. (See TV Debaucle of '02, cross-referenced with "oh gawd! oh gawd! I'm dropping it!" "Shit, me too!" Bwah-HAHAHHAHHAHAHH! "Oh gawd, I'm trapped underneath!" AHHH-hahahahahahah!)

In other news, we have the movies from last weekend's totally 80s sleepover. Tonight we watched "Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure." What happened to the days when you could do a school report and have it fully blocked on stage with lights, sounds, and curtains, and Jane Wiedlin (of the Go-Gos and the singing telegram in Clue) would stop by to play Joan of Arc to your idiot teenager? I swear I would've done more homework if I thought there was a chance of that happening. And my projects never included an adoring civilization of people from the future. Bogus, dude.

(...Although, in tenth grade, my friend and I were doing this scripted game show/play on the Grapes of Wrath, complete with commercials. We had one for Sam 'n' Ella's Pie Shop (We got banana cream, chocolate cream, apple, blueberry custard...) for those sweet-tooth needs of Okies on the go. But the best one was at the end of the show. We did a commercial for "Milk: It does a body good." If you're not sure why this is in particularly bad taste, please refer back to the end of the novel, with the scene in the barn... Yep, that won us quite a few adoring fans, as well. Excellent.)

2 Comments:

At 6:12 PM, Blogger Paul, Dammit! said...

Crap! The library on my ship doesn't have The Grapes of Wrath. It does, however have a dozen Reader's Digest Condensed books from 1966-1978. Oh my lord.

Always good to keep up with my friends from out here. Glad you're blogging. (I'm in NJ, btb, about 5 minutes by ferry from Manhattan, so I'm not roughing it).

I liked the ASPCA ad. I've met with a few folks from there down in TX, at their staging area in Beaumont.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Halley said...

if you can, as you rough it in Manhattan, google: milk "grapes of wrath" barn . The end should pop up.

Luckily, everything can be found online now, so students never really have to read the book anymore. damn web.

(okay, not really. but it does work for basic comprehension and plot lines.)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home