Saturday, October 28, 2006

Surprises

1) I checked three area video stores, and none of them had either Guys and Dolls or On the Town. I am shocked and also embarrassed for them.

Is it possible that having more than 10 films from pre-1980 is too much to ask? Is it possible that they think people only watch new releases? Is it possible that they are heathens bent on destroying society by embracing this culture of youth and disposability and disavowing any knowledge of life from a time before they were born?

These are not obscure titles.

Philistines.

2) I found the roof deck today. I suppose "found" is the wrong word. (I had a pretty good idea where it has been the whole time.)

Pavement and benches and fences. With a lovely view of the city- monuments and rooftops and over into the hills of somewhere.

Woo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home