Wednesday, July 13, 2005

roped in...

I think I just ended up on a soccer team. and a wakeboarding/waterskiing team. and in the surfing club. it's okay, though, Christine is signed up, too.

we went to the first day of our International Students Welcome Festival. crap ton of people here. lots of Scandinavians and Europeans. a bunch of Asians, as well, but fewer than we expected. Damn Norwegians, Swedes, and Danes are everywhere. ;)

So anyway, the nice girls at the soccer team ask us to join, I say, "I'm not so sure you really want us on the team..." We go back and forth a bit, they invite us down to "have a kick" and somehow, we end up signed up. As Christine says, how do you say no to "come on down and have a kick"?

And in 2 weekends we're working on playing with the penguins and learning some surfing. We get booties for the cold water. They offered us cute footwear and we were sold.

mkay. back to the city. oh, and I've started dropping more consonants. generally 'R's, in a weird mix of a Bostonian/Melbournian dialect (which I've never really done before). Couple that with my Chicago 'A's and it's pretty special. Just one hot dialect mutt.

1 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yup. Wicked hot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home