Wednesday, July 06, 2005

ya take the good with the ugly

the good: turns out, I have an office. yes. my own office in the theatre and drama dept. I have keys to said office, along with other building keys. very official, and all that.

the ugly: I took my school ID photo today, and with the just super low-resolution digital photo, I look cross-eyed. awesome.

I met with my advisor and she's great. she took me all over today and everyone in the office is nice and it seems like she knows lots and lots. It also turns out that one of the contemporary theorist who I just loooove and use all the time, just wrote one of the praise notes for her new book coming out. They're on a first name basis and talk. How freakin cool, right? Oh, and on a side note, I can do a creative component to my thesis, as well - if I want.

The city is great- the more I see of it, the more I like. There are cables that the trams run on, so at times the sky looks like a crossword puzzle. I do want to amend yesterday's statement though - it's not so totally Victorian looking --- it's got that with a wild west twist. Think laticework with a tin roof on the porch and an old saloon feel. kinda. hard to explain. you'll just have to come visit and check it out for yourself.

2 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

it all sounds horrible...you should just come back...lol..(kidding obviously) i'm jealous...it sounds fantastic and just perfect for you...

 
At 3:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes. awful. so awful that we're planning which trips we're going to take before the semester starts.

how I suffer. come over and suffer along.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home