Monday, September 03, 2007

the Clutter Bunny*

I love it when things are as easy as I feel they should be.

A few weeks ago, in a fit of decluttering, I accidentally threw out the filter to my little Dirt Devil hand vac. I must have cleaned out the filter and forgotten to put it back in, so when I came across it again, I had the following conversation with myself:

"How did I end up with a second filter? Hmmm, maybe I should keep it, in case something happens to the first one? NO. I keep too much crap for "just in case" and I don't need it. I'm going to throw it out."

No, it did not occur to me that this was the first filter. Nevermind the fact that how the hell would I have acquired a second, oddly-shaped, specific to a 4-yr-old model hand vac? (Doesn't it look like a head? I feel like I'm feeding my dust to this guy's face.) So out the "second" filter went. Of course I only realized what had happened three bags of trash down the chute later.

So just now I went online to dirtdevil.com, clicked on my model (which was handily printed on the bottom of the appliance), clicked on "buy parts and accessories," looked at a photo of the filter I needed to make sure it was the right one, and bibbity-bobbity-boo, I have another filter coming to me right now.

I would like to thank the fine folks at Dirt Devil for letting this whole process take two seconds. As it should.




*My mom decided that she didn't like the term "pack rat" since, ew, who wants to be a rat?, and so we became "clutter bunnies," a far nicer name.

1 Comments:

At 2:29 AM, Blogger Jenny Napolitano said...

Writer: Someone who performs a task in two seconds, is happy about it, and then spends ten minutes composing a blog about how great it is that this only took two seconds.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home